Smoked crab cakes

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Ingredients:

Bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, parsley flakes, eggs, and crab meat.

This recipe is based on one pound of crab meat.

Beat one egg and add two tablespoons of mayo, one teaspoon of mustard, two teaspoons of Old Bay, and a half teaspoon of parsley flakes. Mix well. Then add the crab meat and bread crumbs. Add the bread crumbs as needed until the mix is thick enough to make a cake and hold it's shape.

Remoulade Sauce

Mix one tablespoon of mayo, one teaspoon of mustard, one teaspoon of Old Bay, one teaspoon of any vinegar, and a little honey. Mix well.

Tips

If you want a little more heat add some chili powder or tabasco. Brown mustard also works well in place of yellow. Fresh ground coffee gives a nice addition to the cake flavor. I sometimes add some shrimp to mine. Crab meat is very expensive and you can stretch it by adding some shrimp. I also use very little apple alder mix for smoke if you are doing them indirect in the Weber. These can be fried as well.

Here are some pictures of my cakes.

Enjoy!

This sounds like a nice recipe I am going to give try! Not so keen on the old bay but will try. Victor

Back