wireless digital thermometer

Billy W

TVWBB Member
I am in the market for another wireless digital thermometer. I currently have a Mr. Bbq that was gifted to me. I normally throw that on the grate to monitor my heat and when it comes time to check the meat I simply insert it. I figured I would just get another one so I don't have to do that. Any recommendations? What kind of thermometer does everyone use? Also I heard I should put the thermometer I use for the temp through a cork so keep it off the grate? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Billy

Billy, I have the Maverick ET732. Check out amazon for some reviews. Works great. the probe end you could stick into a potato or something similar. They have info on YouTube to show you exactly how they're used and a lot of the guys have them here.

e-1.gif
for ET-732, great product.

I bought the 732 last week and used it on my Performer for my first time smoking a pork butt. I was impressed. The wireless feature is nice, especially for longer cooks in case you have other things to do. Good Luck!

I also have the 732. It's really cool, but after about 3 cooks I had to replace a probe. They replaced it but it still concerns me (I baby my probes so it should not have failed). I also think the software is a little strange and not very intuitive but once you get the hang of it, it does the job.

It's a really cool little toy and would buy it again in a heart beat.

Back