California > Seal Beach: Beachwoods BBQ

Tom Mccann

TVWBB Fan
Beachwoods BBQ in Seal Beach CA. Great folks that own it, Great BBQ and a really great selection of micro brews on tap.

IMO its just OK. I wouldn't make a special trip there, but if you're near by its worth a try. The beer selection is always great, but I think the Q is average.

I just spent the last three months in Seal Beach. (Navel Weapons Center) We tried Beachwoods BBQ. I would not go back. I would not recommend it either. And that is sad.

I think they pride themselves more on the beer selection, than the Q. The baby backs were just ok...the side dishes were mediocre. There's better BBQ in the Long Beach area, starting with Johnny Reb's, and even the chain of Famous Daves beats this place.

Good eats,good vibe,good beer, what more do you want. We took the family there, and had a great time. No it was not Grand Champion competition BBQ, but for a restaurant, the Q was good and none of us left hungry...and all of us(incl. my 87 yr old great-aunt) had a nice little beer/pork fat buzz. Worth the visit.
BTW..There is an old school hardware store 2 blocks east of the restaurant that had a great Weber selection,WSM 18&22, performers and loads of accessories.

I couldn't recommend this place for bbq. Probably the most tasteless ribs I've had. The ribs appeared to be steamed, virtually no carmelization, just gray meat. These were not BBQ at all. Perhaps they were out of ribs and were in their process of steaming and they served me ribs that hadn't had any grilling or smoking or whatever they do after steaming. I felt cheated and didn't finish them. Drink their craft beers. Get BBQ somewhere else. Lucielle's chain restaurant serves better ribs.

Last edited:

Back