Heat shield & Door

Steve Forwe

TVWBB Fan
When the new ones come out, would I be able to buy the new style legs, heat shield, and door, them put them on my WSM?

We don't know if Weber will sell these parts for existing WSMs.

I wonder what would happen if you accidentally stepped on your door and needed a replacement? Will they have both old style and new style? Or if you bent your legs out of shape?

I would be very surprised if Weber does not support the old WSM for some time in the future. True, this is not their big seller, but the company is absolutely based on "do the right thing". They've supported old lines of Genesis grills for quite a while.

Paul

Once the new WSM is available, perhaps someone with an old and a new could test out the new door and the legs/heat shield on his old WSM and let us know if they fit. If the do, I'm sure we can order the parts from Weber and "upgrade."

Bill

The knob on the heat shield has become warped & I'd like to replace it. Doesn't look like weber has any replacement parts for WSM. Correct?

The new WSM is functionally the same as the original. It has a slightly different door latch design and leg design, with the addition of a heat shield. These changes were made in 2009, so all new WSMs will have these features. Also in 2009 Weber came out with the 22.5" WSM.
As far as info you can go here. here

Back