Stoker fan problem

Stevie Z

TVWBB Member
I use a stoker with 2 5cfm fans. One of the fans is not working properly.As soon as I plug the second one in the screen shows a ransom line of letters and numbers and then both fans work nonstop and I have no control of the stoker unit it locks in on the screen with all of the characters. Anybody ever have this problem? The unit is 2 years old & I have never had a problem with it before

some questions:

So both fans work properly when plugged in just by themselves? You are able to see their ID's on the user interface?

They are Stoker fans from Rock's right?

You would be doing this to control 2 different pits right?

-rob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevie Z:
I use a stoker with 2 5cfm fans. One of the fans is not working properly.As soon as I plug the second one in the screen shows a ransom line of letters and numbers and then both fans work nonstop and I have no control of the stoker unit it locks in on the screen with all of the characters. Anybody ever have this problem? The unit is 2 years old & I have never had a problem with it before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No the one fan even by itself still does the same thing.They are both original fans from Rock. One for each wsm. As soon as I unplug the bad fan the other one works properly.

OK. You have a bad fan and or jack. There's a small circuit inside the 1/4 inch jack. Unscrew the jack and inspect this circuit. Look for broken solder joints or any mechanical issues (stress fractures - etc..)

It could be that something is shorting out against the plug. Try plugging the 1/8 jack into the stoker with the outside shield unscrewed from the 1/8 jack. If that works then something is shorting with the shield screwed in.

I had a similar problem with a 10 cfm fan. I also had a stoker that was slow to respond to button pushes or not respond. I sent both back to Rocks for repair or replacement. This is over a month ago.Just remember nothing is quick when dealing with Rock's

Back