Wisconsin > Stoughton: Wis Tex BBQ

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Wis Tex BBQ was opened a couple of months ago by a displaced Texan and I've been there a couple of times.

The 5 barbecued meats are brisket (chopped), ham, pork (chopped), ribs, and turkey breast. This plate has the ham and turkey.

Ribs.

Beef on the left, pork on the right.

Pinto beans.

Overall the food's been pretty good. The beans were bland my first time there but the last 2 times they've been noticeably better (they may look like baked beans but there's absolutely NO sweetness to them), the ribs have a nice texture and aren't heavily rubbed, and the ham and turkey are moist and have a decently smoky flavor. The pork and beef are also good but I'd like to see the beef offered in slices, although chopping it allows the kitchen to serve a more uniform product and I'm sure there are a lot of people in Stoughton who aren't familiar with the different parts of a brisket.

He's in a building that started as a pizza place and had a short run as an Italian restaurant, so hopefully he'll be more successful than they were.

Brad

And it doesn't look like there will be...I drove by on a Saturday back in January and it had the appearance of being closed, although to be fair I haven't been in the area during normal dinner hours. If that's the case it didn't last long, but I hope I'm wrong.

Back