Calphalon Everyday Pan

A.D.Letson

TVWBB Fan
In regular use of this pan , I have developed a sticky residue on the pan and the lid from oil that has "burned" on to it. First question, how do I get this off? And second, how do I avoid it in the future? Any help greatly appreciated.

Simple, make friends with a can of Easy Off Oven Cleaner. Spray it, and leave it alone for 10 minutes, get out of the kitchen too, cause the fumes are bad for your lungs in a permanent way.

10 minutes later, the vapors are gone, and the pan will rinse clean very easily. Its basically an aerosol acid or has some sort of enzymatic action that cleans that crap off. I just used it again today to clean up my Tel-Tru thermometer. It looks like its brand new now.

Calphalon is good quality, you don't have to worry about damaging the finish.

Cheaper plastic non-stick pans probably wouldn't stand up to it, especially if it already had scratches in the finish. But thats when I usually toss them.

Hope this helps.

A.D.,
Check out this linkhttp://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consumer/jhtml/hardAnodized.jhtml
This is Calphalon's reccomendations for cleaning. Check the oven cleaner before you use it. I use Dormond which is Calphalon's cleaner. It's for occasional cleaning. Mostly I use hot,soapy water and a Scotch-Brite pad. One thing I've read is that you shouldn't use things like Pam on Calphalon. Causes a sticky residue. Good luck.

The Calphalon Original hard anodized surface is difficult to keep clean. I second the use of a Scotch-brite pad--sometimes it takes some elbow grease and also some Comet or similar cleaning powder to get the film off.

Back