Q320 - Indirect grilling

Mike Mraz

First 2 days with my my Q -- started off easy with burgers and pork chops....it sure is nice to have a great grill!

This weekend I am going to grill some Tri-tips, and need to utilize Phil's method of indirect cooking on the Q. My question is: what settings do I put the burner(s) on? Do I turn the center burner off, and put the main burner on low?

Any help would be great.

Hey Mike, G'Day mate.

The burner settings will depend on what you are cooking and the temps you want. Not much of an answer is it.
What I mean is; if you want a relative low temp you can just have the centre burner on low and get the Q down to about 200 - 250 depending on the weather conditions (turn one side into the wind) For higher heat just have the outer burner on. If you want to grill veggies or something else at the same time you can have both on. When I demonstrate I have both on as I may be cooking a butterflied leg of lamb or cooking honey and soy chicken wings indirectly on one side and grilling a piece of steak on the other. I merely keep an eye on the lid temp.

Does this make sense to you?

Cheers

Back