Jesup Ga. Rotary Bar-B Q Cooking School

Bill Harvey

TVWBB Super Fan
The Rotary Club of Jesup Georgia announced our 2011 barbecue cooking school to be held on August 20 and 21st. This will be our first annual cooking school featuring Forest Dilmore as our head-cooking instructor.

Forest won our Georgia Florida Barbecue Tailgate Cookoff in 2009. Forest's Fine Foods has been ranked in the top 10 overall in the National BBQ Rankings, has been in the top 5 in chicken, #1 in brisket and ribs. Number 2 in FBA's Team of the Year in 2009 and 2010. Numerous Grand and Reserve Grand Championships.... including Grand Champion at The Best of the Best Invitational in 2010.

Tickets will be $100 per person for the two-day event. All participants will be given a $25 certificate off THEIR entry for the Georgia Florida Tailgate Barbecue Contest on October 21-22, 2011.

Anyone interested in attending the Jesup, GA. Rotary Bar-B-Q Cooking School or being a judge on Sunday, August 21 please contact Bill Harvey at buggert21@hotmail.com ....

bugg

Would love to take Forrest's class, but I can't get up there until at least late afternoon on Thursday. Even if I leave by noon (small chance), I won't get there until 5:00. I'm hoping to get the same spot we had last year. We were at the far north end right in front of an antique(?) store and the people who own that store were the nicest folks I've met. They were selling boiled peanuts that were deeeeelicious.

Forrest turned my chicken around about a year ago so much so that I ended up beating him at the very next contest. That was actually kind of embarassing and I made it point to thank him profusely, but he just laughed it off. The guy has a heart bigger than anyone you'll ever meet.

Russ

Russ...
Let me know if your cooking in the Jesup cook off for sure and I'll save your spot.

The cooking school will be Saturday and Sunday Aug 20-21. You should be able to make it.

I think I've gotten confused. Not hard for me anymore.

The school is August 20-21. The tailgate competition is October 21-22. I mistakenly was thinking that the school was October 20-21 which would put it right at the front of the competition. That's what my reply above was based on. My bad.

Yes, I am definately cooking the Tailgate (in October!). Especially so since it's the makeup for the Alabama TC.

Russ

I have been receiving many emails ref: cooking school... I thought this might help:

Anyone interested in attending the Jesup Rotary Bar-B-Q Cooking School or being a judge on Sunday, August 21 please contact Bill Harvey at buggerT21@hotmail.com ....Limited no hookup camping sites are available.

Send your check for $100.00 to Jesup Rotary Club, PO Box 1691, Jesup, Ga. 31598.

Things you will need: notebook, pin/pencil, cooker w/ fuel for Sunday, chicken, rubs & sauce. Everything you need to prepare your chicken entry. We will provide box…

~Location of Cooking School- Map~
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Gardi&state=GA

I was extremely please with the outcome of the cook school. Forrest did an excellent job, truly an expert BBQ cook with the skills and enthusiasm to teach others. I learned more in 2 days than I've learned in 9 years of playing around in competition Bar-B-Q cooking. We could not have made a better choice of instructor.

We had two Master FBA judges join the class on Saturday, Dennis Schmitz (one of our Reps.) and Kent Harriss. Both contributed excellent information on “what Judges are looking for”.

On Sun the Judges panel did a great job. This turned out to be much better than expected. Participants cooked a chicken entry, turned it in to be judged and then watched while the judges critique and scored their entry. This was very beneficial and defiantly a great way to gain usable information and incite on what the judges want.

Back