Wooden sideboard for kettles?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I had a wooden sideboard accessory for my 22" Weber kettle for many years. The board was badly warped from the weather. The frame is still attached to the grill. Anyone know where to find a new one? Or do I have to make my own. Thanks

I apologize for ignoring Amazon. I've had a few hassles with them in the past and most often use other on-line providers. However, I DEFINITELY, support Chris and this site. I try to make an independent contribution to the site to make up for my lack of use of Amazon, but that does require remembering one more thing. I'll try to do better in so far as my recommendations made on the board.

If you don't think the site is that important to you, imagine waking up tomorrow and finding the site is no longer available ...
icon_frown.gif

Paul

Hi guys, I have one of these, but still find myself wanting more room. I saw somewhere there are makers of kettle tables but I can't seem to find anything around. What do you guys use?? Or should I just try to make one??

Yndio

You can still get the old Kettlemate side-tables at this site:
http://www.barbecue-store.com/tables.htm
I have them on mine and they are the best investment I have made in a kettle. What I like best is that they attach in a way, underneath the lip of the bowl, that they do not affect air-flow. The Weber side-table hooks over the rim of the bowl. I bought the ones that fold-down which is a great feature. Downsides are the tables aren't finished so you'll want to use some spar varnish or poly coat. Also I had to mod the product to get my Slide-Aside lid holder to work. I basically attached it to the tubing on the side tables and it works great. I'll post pics.

Ouch,fifty bucks huh?? Yea, pics would help me out since I have the slide aside as well. The website only has the one picture and doesn't help me very much. Thanks.

Yndio

On a side note, called Weber due to my work table has a split going down the middle after about 2 uses and very careful care. Well, told them the dilemma and not a minute later and with zero hassle the woman told me a new one is en route to me. Talk about great customer service. Never had to call Weber about anything before and this sure reassured me of their great customer service.

Yndio

I came across a bar-b-chef side table that looks to be about 3 feet long and then has it's own legs down the other side?? Redwood too??

Yndio

Originally posted by Adrian Bermudez:
barbchefkettletable.jpg
Seeing that it is from "Barbecues Gallore", I would expect that if you tried to get one all you would get for your trouble is a bunch of blank looks
icon_biggrin.gif

Should you find one I would be interested in the details.

I should be getting the table sometime this week. A guy sold it to me that never took it out of the box. It was given to him as a gift. Once I receive I'll post pics.

Hey guys, received it today, problem is one of the middle wood boards is broken, gonna have to get a replacement before I use it. Nice redwood though. Thing was NEVER taken out of the box. Musta broken en route.

Originally posted by Adrian Bermudez:
Hey guys, received it today, problem is one of the middle wood boards is broken, gonna have to get a replacement before I use it. Nice redwood though. Thing was NEVER taken out of the box. Musta broken en route.

How does this fit on the 22 1/2 kettle? I assume you have to take it on and off?

Yes, fits just perfectly. Actually has two hook type pieces of metal that fit on the top of the kettle just like the tool holders. forgot to take pics but it does look nice. Will get those tonight.

Back