Another Knife Question - Mundial 8" Granton Carving

D Larsen

TVWBB Super Fan
While browsing in my local Tuesday Morning store, looking for the sale on the Food Saver kit (see the other thread), I came across this knife.

I've been looking to start acquiring some decent (but not high-end, since I'm...ummmm..."between jobs" !) equipment to support my Q habit...was almost ready to buy the Forscher (sp ?) from Amazon, but I ran across this one for $17. Impulse buy, but I picked it up...

It's made in Brazil....the blade is stamped with "Forged/No Stain" and "X45 Cr Mo 14".

Pics are here...

Any comments ? Did I screw up, or get a decent knife ?? I used it to slice my tri tonight, and it did better than any knife I own (but that's not saying too much !)

Dean...

If it suits your needs, then you got a good deal. The only thing that might be a problem is it might not be long enough to carve large items with. The Cr and Mo, probably refer to Chromium and Molybdemun, added to the steel recipe.

just dont use it on the glass cutting board
icon_eek.gif

glass beats steel in hardness, therefore glass wins when steel hits glass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
just dont use it on the glass cutting board
icon_eek.gif

glass beats steel in hardness, therefore glass wins when steel hits glass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

J.,

Based on what I'm learning here on TVWBB, I told my wife...."Don't use this knife with a glass board, and don't put it in the dishwasher !"

Her response...."Fine....then YOU wash it and put it away !"
icon_biggrin.gif

I got the same response when I finally bought a Foodsaver from Tuesday Morning, (see other thread) with canisters
icon_biggrin.gif

Guess I'll be watching my Q equipment closer when I "Q"
icon_biggrin.gif

Dean...

Back