Weber Kettle rotisserie - rod gauge??

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anyone know the gauge of the rod on the weber kettle rotisserie? I want to order additional forks, but want to make sure they're the correct size. Thanks.

you mean the diameter ? mine is 5/16. i wanted an extra set. got a bigger set from barbecue galore. was made for the bigger gas rotisseries. the dia, was bigger but it worked just fine.

Thanks - I guess I didn't think this through - makes sense that when you clamp/screw them down the size of the rod isn't that important.

Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
Does anyone know the gauge of the rod on the weber kettle rotisserie? I want to order additional forks, but want to make sure they're the correct size. Thanks.

I see that the Weber Rotisserie is Again available per Amazon.Com for $120.00 with free shipping. I am thinking of adding one of these to my BBQ arsenal and any comments on this product would be appreciated. The EZ Que Rotisserie which costs a little more is also being considered.

Richard

WSM, OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator.

I decided on the EZ Que. I tried to place my order by phone to the EZ Que Company, however, each time I called(from Costa Rica), the sales agent was not available per recorded messages. I wasted 5 International phone calls in these
attempts.
I then placed my order to "SpitJack.com" through their website for the EZ Que. They charged my credit card the same day I ordered and a week or so later the representative at SpitJack could not confirm my order with the EZ Que Distributor. So, a few days letter they recredited my credit card and sadley I have no EZ Que to date.

Richard

WSM, OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator

they both have their pluses and minuses. both are great units. i seriousely doubt you will regret either one. many will say get the ezq but i still use my weber unit even though i have both. try looking on ebay and craigslist for deals.

I see that the Weber Rotisserie is Again available per Amazon.Com for $120.00 with free shipping. I am thinking of adding one of these to my BBQ arsenal and any comments on this product would be appreciated. The EZ Que Rotisserie which costs a little more is also being considered.

Richard

I agree with George that both have plusses and minuses. One of the minuses of the Weber unit was that I couldn't find a basket that would fit the spit rod. This was recently solved when I followed a link on this site to http://thebbqdepot.com and voila, they had a non-stick basket that would fit up to 1/2" rods. Now I can cook smaller items such as chicken parts and not worry about them falling out of the basket like they tended to do with the EZ Que.

thats interesting as most baskets should fit the 5/16 rod. its the most common size.

george

I had a rotie unit for a Char Broil gasser and the rod was thinner than the Weber. Home Depot sold baskets that only fit the smaller rod. They weren't made very well either and I had to wire one of the tumble baskets shut every time I used it. The one I just received for the Weber is of much higher quality.

well, ya learn something every day. i didn't think that anything was smaller except for the little table top stuff. now i'll keep a closer look. my cheapy rotiss is 5/16 so i had no idea.

Back