sauce bottles

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
Can anyone recommend a higher quality sauce bottle than the typical 12 oz. condiment bottle? I am looking for something of a little higher quality so i can use for small catering gigs I have from time to time. I like to make my own sauces, so I need a container that I can use "on site" but still keep in the fridge for my own use. Can you safely reuse sauce/ketchup bottles or is this discouraged? Thanks for your input. I did find these bottles that seemed pretty efficient.

I only use plastic in the kitchen and only for plating. If you're interested in glass, check these, plus the other stlyes at the links on left.

You can safely reuse bottles that are cleaned and sterilized. Caps need to be too. Metal ones can be problematic.

Kevin,
Do you prefer serving from glass?
Also, is shipping expected to be high on moving glass? I priced $38 in goods and UPS Ground was $30.
Thanks for your reply.

I prefer glass, yes. I have a variety from which I choose depending on sauce type, color and consistency: reused wine and liquor bottles, labels removed, sometimes with pourer inserts (if the sauce is pourable through one), new and reused swing top bottles, reused vinegar bottles, new bottles of interesting shapes (check out World Market if there is one near you), etc. I also serve in glass, stainless, metal, ceramic, wood or bamboo bowls, cylinders or cups, with spoons or ladles. Nothing wrong with plastic necessarily, I just don't care for it for service. I've used Fifo bottles for production work and like them--and if I were doing production catering (where I or my staff was cranking out pre-sauced plates)--I would surely use them, and would likely consider them for large catering gigs, where a whole bunch of uniform bottles could be quickly pre-filled and ready to go ahead of time.

Shipping can be spendy these days, a weight issue. But it's the handling that can really get you.

10-4. There is a World Market in Knoxville and as I recollect, they do have a good selection of glass. I'll have to pay them a visit the next time I'm in the big city. Thanks again for your time.

Back