great grill

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
so much so that no one is having any problems ! thats great but leaves us with no posts.
icon_frown.gif

I'll bite!

For those of you guys with Q's using the little blue 14 oz canisters of propane, how long do they typically last for you?

I've got the converter that lets me use a full sized tank, but I also picked up about 10 of the little bottles on closeout last year for about $1.25 each.

I seem to get about three cooks out of them. Was wondering what other folks' experience has been.

Pat

I've never used the 14 oz canisters. First thing I did to my old, and now sold 200, and my newer 220 was to undo one side of the wire holder, and bend it so that the 16.4 oz ones would fit.

I was getting 4 to 5 cooks. Except for the time that I had spun the knob back to Start, not Off like I thought. Only one cook out of that one
icon_frown.gif

I now only use the 20 lb tank, but keep some spare canisters in reserve.

the little ones i got about 2-3 cooks. so after a few bottles i rigged up my own bracket for the larger green bottles. i go about 3-4 cooks. not good enough so i got the hose. already had the big tanks. i would recommend to anyone to get the hose immediately. the small bottles eat up money in a heart beat. bottles are great if doing a quick cook at the park, etc.

I use the bottle most of the time, too, but couldn't resist the great deal (?) I got on the bottles last year.. I thought I would be taking the Q220 to the Auburn games this year to tailgate but it seems that every game has been a 6:30 p.m. kickoff - in the rain - so the plans changed.

Still, last week I needed to do a quick shrimp kebob cook and didn't want to roll the Q outside the garage AND move the tank so I just popped in one of the little bottles.

When I first got the grill and before I got the hose, I was cooking with the little cannisters and like George, I was getting 2 - 3 cooks per.

Since they keep, I doubt I'll need to buy any more for a few years!

Pat

Back