Scored a VERY slighlty used Performer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burtess

TVWBB Fan
Off kijiji for $75 (they go for $350-400 new up here ), used once or twice....

WeberPerformer2.jpg

WeberPerformer1.jpg

Can't wait to fire this baby up!

One question, the owners guide says to use the charcoal dividers to hold the charcoal, but I assume you can still use it on the bare grate? Or will it generate too much heat and warp or melt the plastic table?

Burt
icon_smile.gif

wOW - what a great deal -

Yes you can put the charcoal on the grate. I have one and do it all the time.

You might want to get a cover for it.

Yes I am quite pleased!!

Got it tarped up for tonight, BBQ by me has a cover in stock so I will swing by tomorrow.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

Burt,
That would near have to be the BUY of the Century.

My Performer cost me Aus$589 but they are RRP of $729 here in Australia.

Buy a charcoal chimney, fill her up, place overtop of the gas lighter system and when grey, pour in your coals where you want them.

Love that performer !!

You really lucked out, and just use it like you would any other grill. I have one just like yours, and you will come to just love it like we do.

Nice score!

Congrats on the fabulous deal. Everyone should get a Performer: they make real charcoal every bit as easy as a gasser.

In fact, I think easier by the end of cooking and cleanup. Because in a gas grill the grill bottom and the drip pan are covered in drippings which are below the fire and don't burn off. Scraping out all the burnt drippings from a gasser is funky; but in a Performer, the drippings fall on the coals, and burn up, and all that is left is the ashes. Which, on yours with the OneTouch system, conveniently fall right into the ashpan. And the ashes make great fertilizer for your yard.

Yeah, put the coals wherever you want 'em, in the holders or on grates, etc. You can put 'em in the holders or a chimney, and place over the burner to light the coals.

There was another thread about the charcoal bin melting. Seems wise to tilt it out while cooking.

Shouldn't be a problem with the plastic table, it is the same stuff as the handles, and can take higher heat than the charcoal bin.

What does that tag on the lid holder say? Is that a store display sales tag about features, or some kind of official warning permanently attached with a metal ring?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doug ep:
What does that tag on the lid holder say? Is that a store display sales tag about features, or some kind of official warning permanently attached with a metal ring? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to be a warning, one side in German, the other in French, forbidding the use of liquid propellants when lighting the charcoal.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

My only advice is, if your going to transport it in the back of the truck, please bungie the lid shut. A replacement lid is ~$50 USD, I know because mine took flight
icon_frown.gif

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back