Where to see the new WSM's?

Erik Snyder

TVWBB Fan
I'm just wondering who oput there has actually seen the new WSM in a store. If you have, which store? I have been calling around with no luck. I'd really like to see and compare before I buy. Thanks

The fact that you cannot see them in stores is one of the main reasons I created this website. I figure if you can't see it, touch it, feel it in person, at least I can post a bunch of photos and descriptions of the product and help you feel confident enough about it to take the leap and buy it at Amazon sight unseen.

I've posted a ton of info, photos, and videos on the new 22" version here:

New 18" and 22" Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers for 2009

Hope this helps,
Chris

Erik: I live in the Pacific Northwest and there's a chain of spa/hot tub stores called 'Aqua Quip'. This weekend they had a brand new WSM 22" fully assembled (and 10% off!) on their showroom floor - dang that thang is BIG!.

So, try calling/visiting some some of the outdoor living/spa/hot tub/leisure time stores in your area -look there & buy on-line! You should be able to see an 18" fer sure.

Give Craigslist.org a look too - I bought a 1995 2820-model in pretty good shape for $45...but the new ones are so...shiny....and new.

Good luck!

I live in Kansas City, MO and I've seen them in two places: Smoke 'n' Fire, a specialty grilling store (which I have seen in Kansas City and St. Louis), and in my local True Value hardware store. I will say, however, that the True Value store only had the 18.5" and did not have it assembled (it was still in the sealed box Weber packaged it in), and I bought the only one they had back in January. I haven't seen one there since.

i saw the new ones at a general store kinda place that is a big weber dealer. the 22 wsm is huge. looks twice the size of the 18.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Oleksak:
I saw the new 22 at a comp. Sunday .........holy crapage is that thing big, big as a fridge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was mine Bob.
icon_biggrin.gif
I was right next to the Smokin Aces team, who by the way had an awesome Double Egger set up and are very nice people.

Back