Cranberry and Chipotle Chutney

adam clyde

TVWBB Pro
Originally posted here. Perfect with turkey, and great on turkey or ham sandwiches...

Chipotle Cranberry Chutney
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> 2 large shallots (3 oz), coarsely chopped
<LI> 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
<LI> 1 (12-oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries (not thawed)
<LI> 2/3 cup sugar
<LI> 1/3 cup cider vinegar
<LI> 1/3 cup orange juice
<LI> 1 clove minced garlic
<LI> 1 jalapeno minced
<LI> 1 chipotle pepper chopped finely*
<LI> 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
<LI> 1/2 teaspoon salt [/list]

Cook shallots in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until broken down to desired consistency.

* you can use minced chipotles in adobo, if desired.

That sounds good, Adam... No one else in my family will eat it, but I'm going to make it anyway!

Have you ever canned it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron Lewen:
That sounds good, Adam... No one else in my family will eat it, but I'm going to make it anyway!

Have you ever canned it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Funny you should ask - I did it today for the first time. That stuff will keep for ages.

Even if you just do a refridgerator canning, it keeps for months.

Great recipe. It's delicious. I should have made more as it would be great mixed with mayo as a spread for turkey sandwiches. I may just hold some back for that.

Thanks, Adam.

Thanks! (finally saw the post)

Yes, it is great for sandwiches. In fact, I don't even eat it with turkey when it is hot. It's good, but that is what I make gravy for. The best use for it is leftover turkey sandwiches. Also great on leftover christmas ham sandwiches too...

Try it on either grilled pork chops or chicken chests! I've done both. I just grill the chops or chests and then top with a spoonful of chutney. Good stuff!

Back