New Summit Gold D4 for $800. Should I?

Chris A

TVWBB Member
I have a chance to buy a Summit Gold D4 for $800 brand new & assembled from a local Weber authorized dealer. I am in the market, and it seems to fit my needs.

I just wondered how good of a deal this is? Should I jump on it and forget the newer models? Or is it merely warm?

Since I was looking at the upcoming Genesis S-320 at about $769, it seems like a no brainer, just wanted your quick opinion.

Thanks

Chris

I'm sure you've checked and cross checked it for features, etc, but here is the Summit Gold D4 from Weber's site.

You'll be getting a welded SS grate which is not the same as SS rods, but I imagine still quite good.

The price is very good and dollar for dollar it is probabably a great deal. My personal experience, however, is that you need to be sure what you're getting is pretty darn close to what you want, or otherwise you'll always be thinking about what "you really wanted".

Good luck on your decision.

BTW how does someone end up with 3 Performers
icon_smile.gif
?

Paul

OK, thanks for the reply regarding the Summit. It is pretty much everything I want (except maybe 2 more burners). But that is not a deal breaker. I think I will go for it if they agree to convert it for NG.

I got 3 SS performers in a very short time from Craigslist. Got the first one, fell in love, and just went crazy after that. Havent seen any since on CL. I frequently use 2 at the same time (if only to start my chimneys), and have used all 3 at once to actually cook. Using all 3 is becoming more likely now that I have one dedicated for the EZ-Que rotisserie.

I would likely have more of these guys if my deck was much bigger, even to the objections of my wife. I paid $100 for 2 of them, and $150 for the other. The 2 cheaper ones are about 6 years old, and the newer one is only about 2 years old.

Back