Smoked Chicken Quesidillas

G

Here's a recipe thats good with leftover smoked chicken. My family loves these.

*2 cups smoked chicken, chopped
*1 to 2 cups grated cheese, monterey jack or cheder or a mixture work great
1 small onion
1/2 cup salsa
flour tortillas

Slice the onion thin and saute in 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook at med. heat until the onion carmalizes.
Optional step:
Mix chicken with some of the salsa. You don't want it too saucy, but the salsa gives a little moisture. My daughter hates it with the salsa, thats why I say it's optional.
Heat a skillet over med heat. Butter one side of a tortilla and place it butter side down in the skillet. Take about a fourth of the meat mixture and onion and spread it over the torilla. Cover with about a fourth of the cheese. Butter another tortilla and place butter side up over the mixture. After the bottom of the tortilla gets a little brown and crisp, turn and brown the other side. After the second side is brown, remove to a plate. Let cool for a minute or two, and then cut into quarters(a pizza cutter works pretty good). Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Makes about 4 servings.

*note: My measurements are not exact, as I usually just use whatever quanity of chicken and cheese I have on hand. After you make them a time or two, you'll have a good idea of how much of everything you need. For a spicer quesidilla, pepper jack cheese is great.

Back