WSM on Wheels

scott zanders

TVWBB Member
Three wheels. 2 wheels lock. Very stable.

411_102_2852_1.jpg

http://mybbq.net/forum/userpix/411_102_2853_1.jpg

Note from Moderator: Changed inline photo to link due to large filesize. See "Posting Photos" link on BB homepage for guidelines. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rich langer:
where did you get the wheeled base? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the idea from here. A friend of mine made the frame and I painted it. The wheels are from an old roll around table.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
Nice mod there Scott. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Toby. Been planning on doing it for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scott zanders:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:

Thanks Toby. Been planning on doing it for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes all the difference in the world having your WSM on wheels. I simply open the garage door and wheel my WSM around back and away I go. I see you added side handles...nice. Also, does reversing the door help in your opinion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scott zanders:

Makes all the difference in the world having your WSM on wheels. I simply open the garage door and wheel my WSM around back and away I go. I see you added side handles...nice. Also, does reversing the door help in your opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say it does help. Very little if any leakage from the door. I heard of folks actually sealing the door. I never use mine.

Makes all the difference in the world having your WSM on wheels. I simply open the garage door and wheel my WSM around back and away I go. I see you added side handles...nice. Also, does reversing the door help in your opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say it does help. Very little if any leakage from the door. I heard of folks actually sealing the door. I never use mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Scott. I'll give it a shot on smoke day. Can't freaking wait.

Scott,
Just wondering where you live in Germany. I am also living in here in the Frankfurt area.

I must say it does help. Very little if any leakage from the door. I heard of folks actually sealing the door. I never use mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott,
Just wondering where in Germany you live.
I live in the Frankfurt area.

I just went to Harbor Freight today and bought the casters for this mod. Here is the link to what you are looking for. Casters

Since the locking casters were only a buck more, I bought 3 locking casters. My reasoning is that if I want to lock a skidish WSM, I don't want to have to look for the one or two wheels that lock, I just want to start locking wheels! (My cooking area outdoors is slightly off camber)

I thought $3.99/caster was a pretty cheap price.

Back