Pastrami and Red Pepper Roll Ups

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
My wife makes these a lot for family parties. Mainly because they are always requested. They are awesome. Even better if you make your own pastrami and roast your own peppers. Just make sure the pastrami is a little on the thick side and the cream cheese is at room temperature to avoid ripping the pastrami when spreading. My wife uses the rosemary sprig in fall/winter but in spring/summer she thinly slices scallions lengthwise and ties each one in a little bow.

Four ingredients and two steps is all you need to assemble these cheesy pastrami roll-ups - a great appetizer to serve at your party.

Prep Time: 25 Mins
Total Time: 2 Hr 25 Min
Makes: 40 appetizers

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. thinly sliced pastrami (from deli)
1/3 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread (from 8-oz. container)
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), drained, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
Fresh rosemary, if desired

Cooking Instructions:

1 Spread each pastrami slice with cream cheese spread. Top each with roasted pepper piece at one edge. Starting at roasted pepper edge, roll up each tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
2 Cut each roll into 1-inch-thick pieces. Secure each with fresh rosemary or cocktail toothpick.

Recipe Tips:

Cook's Note
Before assembling the roll-ups, blot the pepper strips with paper towels so they stick to the cream cheese when they are rolled.

My friend's mom used to serve us the exact same thing but with pickles in the center rather than roasted peppers. It was quite tasty and I'm sure this would be as well.

Thanks for the reminder!

Back