Procom 4

Todd Schwartz

Just getting ready to order the Procom 4 for my WSM. Have a little disposalable income buring a hole in my pocket.

Couple of questions.

- 4 or 10 CFM blower? - seems 4 will do the job, any advantage to the 10CFM blower

- Why the upgrade option to the additional 6' for the blower. Since both the blower and the probes attach to the same unit, I can not figure out how the additional 6' will help

- 2 or 4 eyelets?

- Finally, looking for a little encouragement and maybe some feedback from users of the Procom4.

Thanks,

Todd

I have one of the original competitor models so I can't help you with your Procom questions. But, I can help with the blower. Go with the 10cfm. On a normal smoke use the damper to tame the fan. But when you're doing high-heat cooks, having the extra draft is very handy for maintaining consistent high-heat temps. You can always damp a 10cfm down, but you can't make the 4cfm blow harder
icon_smile.gif

I have a Procom 4 and a Competitor. Definately go with the 10 cfm fan. Better to have more power than you need. The 6' extension is good to have if you wanted to mount the main unit other than directly on the fan. Go with 4 eyelets because the Procom has 3 meat probes.

Didn't realize the blower did not come with any cable - makes sense now, by all means I want the extension so I can have the base away from the smoker. And I am always a fan of more power
icon_smile.gif

Thanks,

Todd

Back