Wireless thermometers and comps

ScottF

I am considering getting a Maverick ET-732 to use for comps this year, but that raised a question. I imagine that other folks are using the same thermometer at comps as well. Does anyone ever have problems with signals getting crossed with other peoples thermometers?

The transmitter and the receiver have to be fairly close to each other to intially sync them. After the two have have connected I don't think there is much of a chance of them crossing. On our team we use a total of three during comps and have never had any problems. just make sure you sync them away from each other.

Charles,

Thanks for the information. That's what I figured, but you know it is never safe to assume.

-Scott

I've used 4 at the same time with no problems... and had a team with 3 right beside me.
Once sync-ed... you are golden.

I just purchased the new ET-732 from Chris Finney of Iron Pig BBQ (his post is right above mine) and the new Maverick is amazing. It stays connected much better than the old 73's did, plus warns you if it drops the signal. I was totally impressed with the results and the improvements. Now I'm sitting on 3 old 73's that IMHO are obsolete. Try the new 732 and you'll be satisfied.

Chris is 99% correct, but even the Maverick/Redi-Chek folks say it's possible to cross signals. At least on the old ET-73's, not so sure about the new 732's. I've been using multiple Mavericks for around 6 years now and have only had it happen once, but it can happen.

Back