Tortas de carne asada

Andres L.

TVWBB Member
So I went to my Mexican market and picked up some marinated flap meat. Put it over some direct high heat.

Toasted some La Brea Bakery torta rolls I picked up at Costco. (very good bread!!)

Served up with some El Mexicano lime flavored mayo, tomato, avocado and something I like to call 408 orange sauce.

Plated with some Spanish rice and a Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA (VERY GOOD BEER!!)

Want a bite??

Thanks for looking!!

Orale'! I like the "408"!
icon_cool.gif

Mi Pueblo? Please share the sauce! C'mon Andre!

One of my all time favorites>>> Torta's...And your's look great Andres. I love to throw in some roasted jal's in mine.

Shaun the sauce is 100% secret!!!

There are a lot of taquerias in San Jose that serve an orange sauce. Mine is similar, but better!!
icon_smile.gif

I bought the meat at Fresco World Market. It's a fairly new place in San Jose at Eastridge Mall. Cool store they have lots of Asian and Mexican goods and great produce!!

That's one thing i miss about San Jose there is a ton of great market's...I was born and lived there for 40 year's about a mile from eastridge..Worked for the city of san jose for 30 year's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andres L.:
Shaun the sauce is 100% secret!!!

There are a lot of taquerias in San Jose that serve an orange sauce. Mine is similar, but better!!
icon_smile.gif

I bought the meat at Fresco World Market. It's a fairly new place in San Jose at Eastridge Mall. Cool store they have lots of Asian and Mexican goods and great produce!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah World market just openened in the old Circuit City building.

Yeah, great sammich, but tell us yanquis what's the 408 sauce. Or at least tell us the basics of any orange sauce. Thanks.

Ok. So I won't give away the recipie but I will help you guys out a little bit.

How do salad dressings become creamy? Well lots of ways but one way is emulsion.

Take a red salsa, emulsify and it becomes a creamy orange salsa.

My Orange sauce is 100% vegan, but it is creamy. That is one of the secrets.

If we ever have a get together, I would provide some for anyone who wants some.

Back