Guru customer service.

This thread is not to bash anyone or anything, but to point out what fantastic service I got from Guru.

On my second cook I was taking the gator clip off of my pit temp probe. The metal jacket came off too. So the exposed inards of the temp prober were in one hand, the gator clip and metal casing were in the other.

Tuesday, 7/22 I sent an e-mail in the morning to the BBQGuru folx. I heard nothing. Turns out that I sent it to the "Hi, hellow" email instead of the customer support/technical assistance e-mail. So Tuesday evening I sent the same story to the Tech support email.

No answer that night.

Wednesday comes and goes.

Thursday, 7/24 I am thinking it is time to poke someone with a stick to get a response. Maybe even a phone call. I get busy at work that morning, and head out to lunch thinging "When I get back from lunch, it will be time to rattle some cages!!!"

I come back from lunch and sitting in my chair is a small box, USPS Priority over night.

I open said box, and it is a brand new pit probe.

I was blown away. I had a problem, they made it right--And before my next cook!!!!!

I will recommend the BBQ Guru to anyone who is interested in ATC. Their product is bullet proof, idiot proof, and their customer service is second to none!!!

Is it pricey? Sure. But you get what you pay for. If you go cheap bargain basement, that is what you get. None of that from the folks at BBQ Guru!!!!!

I am, at this point, one of their best advertisements!

I called them a couple of times after I received the Digi II, and they always helped me through the problem. I agree that they are awesome!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On my second cook I was taking the gator clip off of my pit temp probe. The metal jacket came off too. So the exposed inards of the temp prober were in one hand, the gator clip and metal casing were in the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scott, That is a common problem with the Guru Probes. Don't throw your old one out. You can twist the wires back together and push it back into the probe. I've been doing it for 3 years now with my one set of wires. You have to try and remember when taking apart the pit clip to pull on the metal part, not the wires.

Maybe a week before the 7/4 Holiday the power connector inside the Digi II stopped working. Called them up set up the RMA. Also told them I had a big cook planned for 7/4 and if they could possibly get it back to me ASAP. It was turned around and back to me in 4 days. Start to finish.They replaced the unit rather than repairing to save time. I live close by, they could have just thrown it into 1st Class mail and it might have got here in time, instead they sent it next day to be sure.

Scott: You stated that this was your 2nd cook on your new WSM. Did you buy your BBQ Guru when you bought your WSM? I recently bought a WSM and have not done a "cook" on it as yet. I am interested in buying the BBQ Guru but I am thinking that I should do a few cooks on it before making what I consider a major investment. I am glad that you had a good experience with their Customer Service Dept.

Rick

WSM
OTG 22 1/2"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Garcia:
Scott: You stated that this was your 2nd cook on your new WSM. Did you buy your BBQ Guru when you bought your WSM? I recently bought a WSM and have not done a "cook" on it as yet. I am interested in buying the BBQ Guru but I am thinking that I should do a few cooks on it before making what I consider a major investment. I am glad that you had a good experience with their Customer Service Dept.

Rick

WSM
OTG 22 1/2" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did two test burns in my WSM before I did a cook with it. I then did the BRITU on them and found that I was just tending the pit too much. I like the BBQ, but want to be able to set it like an oven. So by my second cook I had already come to the decision that I wanted the control. So I pulled the trigger and I am SO glad that I did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert D Wise:
My DigiQ II pit probe also broke after the 2nd cook. I have emailed and called them and have not heard a peep from them. Their customer service is non-existent in my book. I am now really sorry I bought a DigiQ II. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know what to tell you....

Back