Pigs in a Blanket

Thom H.

TVWBB Member
Not new, not earth shattering, not smoked, but quick and easy.

2 cans Crescent Rolls
1 pkg Little Smokies

Each tube contains 6 rolls. With a pizza wheel, cut each roll into 3 long triangles. Starting from the wide end, roll up each little sausage, put on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake as prescribed on the can. They puff up and look like snails.
I serve with 2 dipping sauces, usually a honey mustard and a spicey BBQ sauce. They're always the first to disappear wherever I take them. Makes 36.

Thanks for remiding me how something so simple is so good.
icon_cool.gif
We tend to forget the simple things that please us and make us go Mmmmmmmmm, now that's good. i.e. the perfect golden grilled cheese sammie, made with real butter, and Velveta of course.
icon_biggrin.gif

I used to make the velveeta grilled cheese for my kids when they were small, and cut them into "fingers" with the pizza wheel. Speaking of "classic" apps, my sister brought Sausage balls (made with Bisquick and sausage) to Thanksgiving. I hadn't had that since the 60's. And now I'm thinking of rumaki, bet that would taste good on the WSM.

Variation:
Easy Crescent Dogs (from the Crescent Rolls label)

1 tube Crescent Rolls (8 rolls)
8 hot dogs
American cheese

Slit 8 hot dogs to within 1/2" of ends. Insert 3 thin strips American cheese into each slit.

Wrap 1 Crescent dough triangle around each hot dog.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up, at 375*F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Try using puff pastry instead of the Crescent dough. I did this with Nathans smalldogs for the superbowl and they turned out great. You just need to cut the pastry sheet down to the right size to wrap the dogs.

Back