New York > NYC: Virgil's Barbeque

We ate here Friday for lunch. Had really been wanting to go to Fette Sau over in Brooklyn but they're only open for dinner and we just couldn't get the schedule to work.

I had a brisket sandwich, my wife had a pulled pork sandwich. I thought the brisket was pretty good, I wasn't that impressed with the pulled pork. Then again, I'm probably a little biased now that I've been doing my own. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to make a trip here in the future, just because I think there are probably better places in town.

Went today for lunch with coworkers. Good amount of food for the price (about $20 per person with tip, 7 people in total) ordering 3 three meat combos with sides. Ribs were tasty and pulled pork had a nice vinegaryness, brisket also had a nice bark on it. Service was friendly and efficient, while ambience was a little more towards restaurant than a paper tablecloth rib joint (it is right by times square in manhattan so that is understandable).

Overall, I recommend Virgil's as a fun and tasty place to go for a relatively light price (you can't do much better for $20 in the middle of manhattan)!!!

Back