Making coffee?

John Lantern

TVWBB Member
Trying to sell my dad on a Weber Q as a 1 stop shop for camping.

Will it double as a regular Coleman grill? Most importantly, can you make coffee and bacon & eggs on it?

Thanks!

J

I don't have a Q (yet) so can't answer directly, but for camping I've found a French press works best for coffee for small groups. Just heat up the water, steep, and you're done.

It's a BBQ not a stove or a coffee machine

I take a Q120 and a portable gas stove with me in my Winnebago, (I also have a Go-anywhere in it as well)

I would imagine that you could make coffee several different ways with it, but there are certainly better ways. The single burner butane stoves can be had real cheap and be stored in the Q for a better option...

The bacon and eggs can be done easily with a griddle made for the Q or a silicon sheet. I just picked up a small fajita skillet for a few bucks at a consignment shop to try...

Thanks for the replies. They have a camp stove (and a crappy old gas hibachi) but were trying to eliminate some of the packing. I guess I'll tell him they're best off taking both. Any additional insight, let me know.

Thanks again

J

If you have a way to heat water (on the Q or where ever) then you can make either french press coffee, or Aeropress coffee. I have both and used them in my camping trailer. I prefer the Aeropress to french press any day. If you have never used or seen one, they are pretty much indestructible and inexpensive. It will make anything from express to "americano" (aka, regular coffee).

I have had one for about 10 years and love it.

Aeropress website

CoffeeGeek article - "Why does the AeroPress coffee maker brew a richer, smother cup of Coffee"

AeroPress reviw on singleservecoffee.com

Good review at Shelley's coffee notes

As to the bacon and eggs, well the BabyQ, Q100 and Q120 units have optional griddles available at Weber. If you have some sort of pot to heat water in, just add a aeropress and you have covered all the bases.

Weber griddle for Q100 series

Back