Simple Chicken

Sean H

TVWBB Pro
I decided on some simple barbecued chicken today. Marinated the pieces in a random marinade I threw together, and rubbed them up with Penzey's BBQ 3000. Here are the chicken pieces on the grill. This cook was charcoal-only. No smoke:

6705064633_bc8055a618_b.jpg

After about 15-20 minutes, I flipped the chicken pieces and added some corn on the cob:

6705065659_39c88963b7_b.jpg

About 30 minutes later, we're almost ready. I painted the pieces with some Number 5 sauce and let it cook for a bit longer.

6705066465_c97df2b181_b.jpg

Off the grill and onto the platter:

6705067483_5d8ea4de64_b.jpg

And onto my plate. Pictured here with sweet potato fries, mac n cheese, and homemade bread:

6705068417_c49074589d_b.jpg

This chicken was fantastic. The layers of flavor all worked together very well, and I am glad I went with just charcoal for the flavor rather than adding some smoke wood. It was a great dinner to end the weekend on.

Thanks for looking!

I love how your chicken turned out Sean. I always have a problem with chicken on the grill.......either overcooked, or too dry from cooking at too low of a temperature. That corn has me jonesing......we always get fresh from the farm corn during June and usually freeze some for winter, but not this year. Cook it just like that, in the husk.

I was just talking to my brother on the phone, sent him some chicken and ribs, and he was thanking me....and I told him that I just don't know how anyone could mess up good BBQ if they cook it the right way. Sure, the seasonings may not allow everyone to agree, but the end product has to be right if you cook it right. I did some pieces of chicken on the WSM and the Rib-O-Lator today, and they were as good as i have ever had. Still wishing that I could find the magic touch on the grill, though.

It's Florida corn. We get it in around January. My girlfriend picked some up at the store today, and it was quite good. Very sweet, and tasty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Sure looks good...Do you add anything inside the husks with the corn before grilling? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't. I prefer to roast them without anything, then add toppings later. In my case, that's butter, chili powder, and a little salt.

Back