Outback Steakhouse Steak Marinade

Ian S. (the M18)

TVWBB Member
Mix together:

1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix (Low-sodium, no MSG)
1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix

Mix both packets together in a small bowl. Pierce steaks in several places with tines of fork (optional). Rub meat with the Taco/Italian dressing mix dry rub. Next pour Coca Cola w/ Lime (preferably not diet) around steaks in a deep plastic or glass container and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge for 24 hours.

Note from me: Just because this recipe is for Outback's steak doesn't mean you shouldn't apply it to other meats, especially pork.

OK, I give. At what point do you use the dressing mix?

Kevin

I also have to ask. What kind of Taco Seasoning?

TacoBell brand is DRASTICALLY different than Ol' El Paso mix.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wesley S:
I also have to ask. What kind of Taco Seasoning?

TacoBell brand is DRASTICALLY different than Ol' El Paso mix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use neither, instead get McCormick's Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning, with this I find you get an absolutely perfect amount of salt and seasoning. A truly must try recipe for either the smoker, the grill or your oven.

Rob
Funny how in the USa you have Outback Steakhouses with an Australian theme and in Australia we have Lone Star Steakhouses with an American theme.
As for the rubs and marinades we use in Australia they are not used as much as they are in the USA. It depends on the user's ethnic background is a lot of the time. Greeks tend to cook lamb more than steak and use a lemon based marinate. Asians tend to use a Soya Sauce and ginger based marinate, whilst 3rd generation Australians tend to use a Beer based marinate. Not many people here use a dry rub (they don't know what they are missing).
So any rub or marinate used by the "Outback Steakhouse" will be an American influence and not Australian.

Regards

I appreciate all the recipes I get on this board, however I have to admit that this doesn't taste anything like OUtback Steakhouse... 1.5 teaspoon of cayenne pepper makes this recipe very hot... Fire in the Hole!!!! I followed this recipe to a tee and it wasn't "that" good.

I am sure that is a good rub for steaks; but the ABSOLUTE BEST EVER IS: costco Kirkland brand Mesquite Dry Rub ( I think they just call it mesquite seasoning now with the new packaging ) NO OTHER BRANDS, JUST KIRKLAND..... you will never eat a steak without it EVER EVER AGAIN....

I've always been fond of the McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning....it's the best! The marinade is on the back of the bottle and the flavors explode in your mouth everytime.

1/4 cup of olive oil

2 TBS. of soy sauce

2 tsp. of seasoning

Back