rubber/plastic vent handle

Mickey D

Does anyone know where I can find a rubber/plastic handle that goes on the top vent of a weber gold kettle? Just like the one on the performer series. Thanks!

thanks for the quick response. One more Q. Do you know if it will fit any 22 1/2 kettle vent? Is the two dimples on the vent handle have anything to do with locking on the molded lid vent damper?

no idea but i kinda assume so. i doubt that weber would make two differant vents. others have added that plastic thingy and i didn't read that they had any issues.

Now & then weber will have free shipping. Last time I bought some parts for my weber kettles, I asked about the vent handles and they gave me 2 of them for free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
a buck here, a buck there, and it adds up to big savings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but there's probably a class action lawyer, or a client, out there about to burn his or her fingers and go hmmm...

I got use to the protector on my Performer and guess I'm just spoiled.
IMO, it's nice to not have to look for or use something else to get the job done, and I'm sure that's why Mickey is looking for them.

Well George, get to thinkin' about something already in a hardware store's stock that will do the trick, and on the cheap.
icon_smile.gif

Maybe something from the electrical department?
I keep meaning to look around, but forget to when I go.

Your absolutely right Bob....a nice burn line on my finger prompted this...what is that class action lawyers name
icon_wink.gif

I have got them from Weber a few times. I usually try to order something else and then I ask them about that part and they usually throw one in, or at least he shipping isn't anything extra that way. And yes the dimples hold the part on. the older dampers don't have the dimples and they won't work.

Brian

Back