2008 models?

G

Anyone know when Weber typically announces/releases their new models? Do they update their lineup every year? The reason I'm asking is because I'm about to pull the trigger on an E-320, but I wonder if it will go on clearance in the next few months. Interestingly, I came across this...

Warranty - Genesis E-320 NG 2008

Is it a typo or a sign?
icon_eek.gif

I keep hearing about all of the changes that are supose to happen for 2008, but I have seen no changes. I, too, and riding the fence on replacing my gasser with a Genesis, but I want to see what the new ones will offer. I know the 2008 grilling season has started in Austrailian and I went to Weber's "Aussie" site and I saw no chages. Any updates would be appreciated.

I have not heard of any specific changes, but I thought there was going to be a new model lineup for 2008???????

Jeff S
Australia is 6 months behind the US with Weber changes. All new releases are done in the US first. Australia will then take some of the changes and or modify the product to meet the Australian Market demands.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
Jeff S
Australia is 6 months behind the US with Weber changes. All new releases are done in the US first. Australia will then take some of the changes and or modify the product to meet the Australian Market demands.

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Phil, I was thinking jsut the opposite. I thought they rolled the new model year out to you guys first.

Hi,

today I could get a short look in the german 08 catalogue.

Unfortunately I had only enough time to look for the Q series.

There will be the new Q320 with the additional benefits:
-Touch-only-starter
-Handle bar-light
-Warming Rack!

The new prices for germany:
Q300 - 500€ ~ 730$
Q320 - 550€ ~ 800$

Sadly there was only a thumbnail pic of the Q320, so that the warming rack wasn't really goog to see.

And the warming rack wasn't listet as replacement part.

Bastian_F, how did you get a peek at the 2008 catalogue? I'm still very curious about the 2008 Genesis models. I went to Home Depot and they said that the current E-320 is on clearance and they won't be getting anymore in.

Thanks to KevinK's sharp eyes, it looks like Weber uploaded the manuals for the 2008 models!
Gas
Charcoal

Anyone notice any differences?

The summit 670 does have the sear burner. I got one for free at work and just received the packing box. Can't wait to put it together and try it. Hopefully, the sear burner will work well.

Dave H.... have you fired up the S-670? I was about to pull the trigger on a S-650. I am wondering if its worth considering the S-670's sear burner. The lighted knobs is of no use to me.

Since I ran my last Weber for 10 years, I expect to do the same again, so making a good choice is important.

Btw, the old SilverB might just end up being converted to a smoker....

James,

I haven't put it together yet. I will let you know once I do. I think the sear burner is the way to go. it's only a couple hundred dollars more.

Hi Marty,

please excuse the late response.
I could take a short look at my local shop and I think the saleswoman didn't know that it's "forbidden" to show, but I didn't look for the genesis models.

@Q320
Here you can see first impressions:
http://mybbq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549

Unfortunately the extras aren't available as replacement parts yet.

Back