Chuck roll Chili(low-carb)

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
i just made this today and it is out of this world. i can only imagine what it will taste like for lunch tomorrow.

LOW-CARB SMOKED BEEF CHILI

1.5 pounds Shredded beef chuck or cubed brisket
28oz can diced tomatoes drained 0r 1 3/4 cup fresh
10oz can original rotel drained
8oz can Hunts roasted garlic tomatoe sauce
14.5oz can of beef broth
2 TB worcestershire sauce
6 drops liquid splenda or 2 packets powdered
1 medium sweet onion
1 mediumish green bell pepper
2 cloves pressed garlic
2 TB ancho powder
2 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp kosher salt(or to taste)
1 bay leaf
3 slices thick cut hickory smoked bacon

brown bacon over medium heat in a large cast iron dutch oven.remove bacon and drain on paper towels. remove all but about 1 TB of bacon grease from dutch oven and saute onion and bell pepper for about 5 minutes. press 2 cloves of garlic into peppers and onion and sautee 2-3 more minutes. add diced tomatoes,rotel,tomato sauce,worcestershire sauce,splenda and beef broth. heat to simmer over medium heat then reduce heat to low and simmer sauce 15 minutes. while sauce is simmering eat the bacon and combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. add dry ingredients and stir well. simmer(covered) on low for 3 hours stirring occasionally. add smoked beef and simmer an additional 1.5 hours. add water or more beef broth as needed to maintain desired consistency. i ended up adding another whole can of broth throughout the cook.

using an online recipe calculator a cup has roughly 5 grams of carbs and 2.5 grams of fat.

Back