About Lolis Eric Elie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
smokestack.jpg

I am happy to announce that Lolis Eric Elie, author of the acclaimed book Smokestack Lightning, will join us August 8-12, 2005 to answer your questions about his book and his "adventures in the heart of barbecue country."

Lolis Eric Elie is a columnist for The Times-Picayune and lives in New Orleans. The book is beautifully photographed by Frank Stewart, the photographer of Wynton Marsalis's Sweet Swing: Blues on the Road. He lives in New York City.

Through vivid descriptions of restaurants and barbecue joints around the country, stirred together with legends and bits and pieces of barbecue history, Lolis Eric Elie profiles the largely American pastime of barbecuing. Traveling from Texas to the Carolinas, the author chronicles the lore and traditions of the barbecue belt and collects recipes, descriptions and photographs of everything from barbecued cows' faces to pigs' snouts, on his quest to determine barbecue's role in American culture.

- Amazon.com Editorial Review
Smokestack Lightning was one of the first books about barbecue that I read when I got interested in the subject back in 1997, and it's one of my all-time favorites. It's been out of print for years, but is now available again. If you don't own a copy, you should! It also makes a great gift for someone who loves barbecue.

Lolis and his publisher, Ten Speed Press, will provide an autographed copy of Smokestack Lightning to one lucky individual submitting a question during the week. The winner will be chosen at random.

Please join us August 8-12 and post your questions for Lolis.

Regards,
Chris

Purchase "Smokestack Lightning" at Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back