Use of a stainless steel table outdoors

Jon K

TVWBB Super Fan
I finally came to realize that getting a "Performer" for me was letting the tail wag the dog. I need a table but I already have a 22 kettle so why get the "Performer" just for the table. Anyway, I've got the opportunity to buy a restaurant grade 6 foot long SS table for $50.
My question is, will having it out in the elements for 3 seasons a year ruin. Of course as I'm writing this, I think about the old stainless "Performers" and realize of course it'll be fine. Anyone have an idea?

It's probably worth more that 50.00 as scrap at todays metal prices. Don't think you could go wrong. I have a Performer, but if I had the chance and an area to hold the stainless table, I would jump on it for 50.00. You could always tarp it, if weather started marring the finish.

Great deal Jon!
I have a 4' Load-King that has been out in the elements since 2000. No problems.
icon_smile.gif

I wipe it down ever so often, just don't store your metal chimney directly on it as it will make a rust colored ring which takes a bit to buff out.

Tim

Dave/Tim-
Thanks to both of you. I'm just waiting to hear back from the woman selling it. I appreciate the info.

Jon

Barkeepers friend works amazingly well for the Stainless. You should be able to google some before and after pics

The only things that I would be concerned about are:

Q1. Is it ALL Stainless? Some kitchen stuff has Stainless top, but other surfaces may be other metals / other materials.

Q2. Beware of any places where water and ice could collect in Winter / un-seasonal Fall & Spring. If there are places like that, I would maybe drill some small "weep-holes", so that any water will drain from such areas. Expanding frozen water haz amazing power, and can blow-out seams and cause other problems.

Otherwise, if it's commercial food-grade - then it should be dang near indestructable for home use. (Good find, man!)

Here's a few pics of mine.(hit the left arrow)
That was from last yr. If the one you're buying looks similar, than that's 11yrs out in the weather with no probs.
icon_smile.gif

Tim

Back