Tex-Mex Game Hens

Had some Cornish Game Hens in the freezer and decided to cook them up. Decided to go Southwestern style. Started with a marinade of Ancho Chile Powder, Serrano Chiles, Lime Juice, Salt Pepper and Cumin. Marinaded them for 4 hours and they were ready to toss on the OTG.

DSCN0354.jpg

For a side dish I decided on Southwestern Corn with a twist. Corn, Serranos, Green and Red peppers, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and lime juice. For the twist I made a slurry of corn meal mix and covered and poured everything in a ramekin.

DSCN0370.jpg

Meanwhile my wife was in the kitchen making some Macaroni Salad and Red Beans and Rice. Until she informed me that we were out of Mayonnaise. But thanks to this forum and Geir Widar I saved the day.

DSCN0363.jpg

The Game Hens didn't take too long and it was time to take them inside.

DSCN0366.jpg
DSCN0369.jpg

The corn is going to need a little tweaking. I was looking for a crispy outside (which I got but it stuck to the inside of the ramekin) and a softer corn inside.

Anyway here is your plate.

DSCN0373.jpg
DSCN0371.jpg

Thanks for looking.

w0w Bill! you are KILLIN' Dinner Dishes man!
those baby birds look like they'd take flight right over to my kitchen table
icon_biggrin.gif
<span class="ev_code_GREY">i WISH!</span>
and the Macaroni Salad and Red Beans and Rice i'll bet stole the entire show! FANTASTIC!! KissTheCook!
and i know allllabout those ramekins.... we had some ram kins here too and their yard was a mess... they let their kids run around all hours of the night... screamin' an' yellin' 'til the fuss got here....geez!
yeah, ya gotta keep your eye on those ramekins... otherwise, look out!

Great Post, Great Cook, Great Goodness!!

Wow, what a great dinner. The hens look perfect and I love the creativity in your sides. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Mike the Cornish Game Hen does taste like chicken the only difference is that the whole bird weighs about a pound to a pound and a half making 1/2 a bird the perfect serving size unless you are Jim Lampe then you would eat the whole thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">making 1/2 a bird the perfect serving size unless you are Jim Lampe then you would eat the whole thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>**** right!

Back