Pickled jalapeno's any idea's

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Just wanted to throw this one out there, since I have some leftover fresh jap's from the big game.

Slice the jals about 1/8-inch thick. Combine them in a small pot with a sliced peeled carrot, a few cloves of garlic thinly sliced, a good sprinkling of salt and a pinch of sugar. Pour enough white wine vinegar to come half way up the volume of the pepper-veg mix, then add water to come just up to the top. Add a little pineapple juice--just a few tablespoons. Bring the pot to aboil over med-high heat; reduce the heat to med-low, cover, and simmer several minutes till the peppers are barely tender. Remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool in the pot. Pour into sterilzed jars and store in the fridge.

My uncle grows Jalapenos during the summer so what we do is make slices out of them, add some salt and cover them with White vinegar in a glass jar. We refrigerate it after a few days sitting outside on the counter. Never had a problem with them and they're amazing with cheeseburgers.

Erik

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erik G:
My uncle grows Jalapenos during the summer so what we do is make slices out of them, add some salt and cover them with White vinegar in a glass jar. We refrigerate it after a few days sitting outside on the counter. Never had a problem with them and they're amazing with cheeseburgers.

Erik </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes they are Erick,and also during lent they are awsome on a fish sandwich,a little tomato lettuce mayo and some pj's

[/QUOTE] Yes they are Erick,and also during lent they are awsome on a fish sandwich,a little tomato lettuce mayo and some pj's[/QUOTE]

Tim, how do you make your fish sandwiches? What kind of fish do you use?

Erik

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erik G:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes they are Erick,and also during lent they are awsome on a fish sandwich,a little tomato lettuce mayo and some pj's[/QUOTE]

Tim, how do you make your fish sandwiches? What kind of fish do you use?

Erik[/QUOTE] A firm-fleshed fish filet battered and deep fried,or use one of the frozen ready to cook kind.Mrs paul Gordon's.My wife would make these for her regular's at a hot dog joint on the south side of chitown.The truck driver's liked these so much that the owner had to post 2 kinds of fish sandwich' Chin's way and Kelly's way

Kevin these got a two thumbs up by my son who i fondly call the pepper nazi.I liked the white wine vg and the pineapple juice,as these had alot of heat.There are a lot of variations on these and i'm always looking for something new. Thanks for sharing.

Back