Hmmm What to do

Wayne_R

TVWBB All-Star
So I'm picking this up today (hopefully).

oldsj.jpg

Looks like an older SJ Never used (maybe from the 80s?).

Would it be sacrilege to actually use this? Or is it too much of a collectors piece. I saw earlier post of a similar one that was suggested maybe not to use it...

Your thoughts....

Thats probably an early to mid 80's grill. Nice wood handle of course. But it is black...personally if it were me, I'd go ahead and use it, but if it was a red one, then I wouldn't use it. But thats just me, I like the colored grills as most on here know already!
In any case, I nice grill none the less.

Well I got it. H series (1986) Here are some pics:

sj1.jpg

sj2.jpg

sj3.jpg

sj4.jpg

sj5.jpg

sj6.jpg

sj7.jpg

sj8.jpg

After putting it together, I think I will use it plus I have no room for collecting unused Webers. Only for well used Webers
icon_biggrin.gif

Will store it in the garage when not in use though and I did keep the box, instructions, and original warranty slip that was supposed to be mailed to Weber, but never was. It was filled out, but????

Lady I bought it from gave it as a gift to her parents but they never used it.

Going to take with me for a camping trip to the beach and break it in!
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne_R:
After putting it together, I think I will use it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good man. Enjoy!

Well worked out good. Just simple hot dogs and hamburgers on the lil weekend trip.

Thanks for advice and here are a couple of pics of bbq in action, etc. Anyone else feel charcoal grate a lil wobbly? Had a tough time keeping indirect with coals to one side, tended to lean/drop...maybe less coals??

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

Happy Camper

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

Cranky Camper
icon_smile.gif

DSCN0667.jpg

Back