Iowa > Des Moines: Smokey D's BBQ

That place sounds good.

But, man o man I'd love to get some of Des Moines graziano brothers hot italian sausage!

I remember seeing Smokey D's Yellow Pages ad when I was in Des Moines last spring but didn't have a chance to get out there. I'll definitely keep it in mind for next year.

Hey, I've had hot Italian sausage from Grazionos. My wife was raised not too far from there. And she's Italian by the way. For a Swede like me The Italian sausage was quite of a new treat. My little Italian has added quite a bit spice to life too. But you always kind of wondered if you wanted to know the rest of 'the family' or not.

I visited Smokey D's for lunch today and ordered 3 items: ribs, a sliced brisket sandwich, and a chopped pork sandwich. All 3 were very good and I felt that they didn't need any sauce, although I did try the 4 sauces in the interest of fairness.

Brad

The BEST pulled pork I have ever had I got at a resturant in Stuart, IA. I think the name of the place was Country Kitchen, at a truck stop just off the interstate. I'm from the south so I have tasted tons of BBQ but this was absolutly the best I ever had.

Ben

Back