Shipping barbeque

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has tried shipping your barbeque to friends/relatives, and if so how did you do it, and did it arrive OK?

I know that some meat companies send their product via overnight mail packed in special containers and dry ice.

I'd like to find a supplier of such shipping containers..if anyone has any leads I'd appreciate it.

Robert

I, too, have looked for those styrofoam containers that places like Omaha Steaks ship their product in, but have not been able to find them.

I have traveled with barbecue on a couple of occasions, and I think what I did might work for you. I portioned out brisket and pulled pork into vacuum bags and froze them. On one occasion I put the meat in a small ice chest with several blue ice packs, packed the cooler in a cardboard box, and checked it on an airplane. On another occasion I put them in an ice chest with dry ice and they stayed hard as a rock for about a day and a half.

Perhaps you could use a small cooler filled with frozen meat and dry ice, packed inside a sturdy cardboard box, which you could ship via FedEx? Still, a styrofoam container would be better, especially since the light weight would save on shipping $$$.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back