Thermapen, BIG!

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Santa brought me a thermapen for x-mas and I'm surprised with how big it is, it's huge! Like one of those old Motorola brick phones . . . did she buy me the wrong one? It's a #5.

Hey Larry,
I got one too and was a bit surprised by the size...also a #5, green. Already used it on two cooks and love it!

But the blue is more accurate
icon_smile.gif

Looks like I'm in good company here then; I was just surprised when I opened it, I was expecting something a little more compact. I'm doing a turkey today so it will be fun using it on this cook.

i have the orange one and love it. it is big, but the numbers are so large you can read them in little to no light with no problems

Originally posted by craig castille:
But the red ones also have a reminder alarm and include a gps when traveling.
I knew it. I knew I should have bought the red one.

Originally posted by LarryR:
Santa brought me a thermapen for x-mas and I'm surprised with how big it is, it's huge! Like one of those old Motorola brick phones . . . did she buy me the wrong one? It's a #5.
Naw, and you'll quickly get use to it and appreciate it's size (can't lose it!) I thought the same thing when I got my 1st.
icon_wink.gif

Bill

I bought a yellow one a few years ago, and after a cook one evening, I could not find it the next day. Looked all over for it for 2 weeks and decided to buy another one (got yellow this time).

Well the day after the yellow one arrived, I found the orange one in the pocket of the apron I wore the night I entertained. No problem, now I have one that I keep in my car so I can use it on vacations / trips when I happen to cook somewhere else.

BTW - so far I haven't noticed that one is better than the other! Ha!
icon_razz.gif

Ray

Nice present. I'm always using mine these days, deep frying, baking, grilling, barbecue, checking temps in the fridge, all kinds of uses. It's a great product.

i tried pointing my orange one out the door towards the kettle tonight to check my chicken breasts, but i actually had to go out and probe them. i should have got the red one
icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Tony C.:
i tried pointing my orange one out the door towards the kettle tonight to check my chicken breasts, but i actually had to go out and probe them. i should have got the red one i should have got the red one
icon_mad.gif
DON'T GET RED! THEY MELT!!!
icon_eek.gif

Bill

Back