I recommend the book

G

Over the past 3 years I've tried to do ribs 4 or 5 times, and they've never been very good. I have a cheap charcoal grill, nothing fancy, though that is about to change. Though I've been grilling things all my life, I've never really done more then throw meat on, flip it some, and then take it off when it seems done. No rubs, no slow cooking, no smokeing, no skill- till recently.

In the past year I've developed a real interest in BBQ. I have been reading up, lurking on this site, and I bought this book about three weeks ago. The combination has lead me to take my cooking up a whole level.

My last ribs were the best I've ever done, which isn't saying much on it's own really, but they were also really, really good. I slow cooked them over indirect heat, with a water pan, and closely followed the main rib recipe in the book, and I’ve got to say, I was proud. Everyone loved them. I was grinning, almost giddy- ribs have always been trouble for me, and at last I really nailed it.

So, I can't comment how useful the book is for you seasoned pros, but I thoroughly recommend it for someone like me, who's learning and has a knowledge gap to fill.

Back