Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno "Poppers"

Jarrod S.

TVWBB Member
Any real man could could use these suckers to replace a full meal. Its extremely simple, yet very bad for you, and terribly delicious, the perfect bbq appetizer.

Ingredients:

30-40 Jalapenos
1 8 oz block cream cheese
2 Lbs Bacon
box o' toothpicks
or shish kabob skewers

Allow the cream cheese to soften

Cut the Jalapeno's in half and remove the seeds and innards. Using a knife or spoon, fill the inside of each jalapeno with cream cheese. Cut each bacon strip in half, and wrap it around the Jalapeno, securing it with a toothpick (or if you would so prefer, a skewer.....which has more capacity and is a bit easier to handle)

Grill over direct high for 7-15 minutes, or until the bacon has reached your particular taste in crispiness.

Makes 60-80

Alternate Enhancements:

Puree the Jalapeno innards and mix with the cream cheese (this is very hot)

Add a touch of cilantro or other spice or herb of choice to the cream cheese

Let me know if you find a unique improvement, i would love to try it.

regards,

Jarrod, these are very tasty indeed. I did about 40 of them for the super bowl. The variations are almost endless. I did a 70/30 mix of burnt ends and cream cheese with a little rub added in.

I like to stem & seed them and pipe the filling into the whole pepper. I've been seeing some great jalapeno's this year too.

This sounds great and anything with Bacon i love. I picked up this variation a few years ago and its a staple when having people over.

8oz of Sour Cream
Shredded cheese. (monterary jack, chedder, or whatever you want)
A couple of chopped olives (optional)
A couple of chopped garlic cloves
Jalapeno's halved and seeded. You can devain to knock down the heat.

Any more I just throw stuff together you can add or delete what you want but you do want to thicken the sour cream up with the cheese. Load the mixture into the jalapenos and put on the grill med heat until the desired the cheese is all melted.

Anybody substitute chedder cheese for the cream cheese? Whenever I order these out, I always like the chedder cheese filled ones better than cream cheese filled.

Todd

Originally posted by Todd Randall:
Anybody substitute chedder cheese for the cream cheese? Whenever I order these out, I always like the chedder cheese filled ones better than cream cheese filled.

Todd

Yep, just last week. I fill mine from the top like JimH described above... lop off the top and scoop out the inside. Then just cut a plug of cheddar to slide inside, or pack in a bunch of shreaded cheese. A toothpick to secure the top back on and some bacon around the outside, and we're off to the grill. Gotta be careful not to overdo them or the cheese will get too melty and come spilling out. Delicious though!

Back