chipped paint on my new SJP

Lee James

TVWBB Member
I just now got around to putting together the SJP that I bought a couple of weeks ago. The paint/finish is chipped in the very bottom of the inside of the bowl, and the finish has flaked away a little. Is the best way to prepare this by simply spraying a little high temp paint in the bottom?

By the way, I think that I must have chipped it when putting together the grill.

Not sure what you could have done to chip it in that location unless you were working with a hammer and chisel. Call Weber tomorrow at 800-446-1071 and tell them you weren't expecting a porcelain enamel finish on a grill with a 10-year warranty to have chips and flakes. They'll more than likely send you a replacement part at no charge.

Originally posted by Doug D:
Not sure what you could have done to chip it in that location unless you were working with a hammer and chisel. Call Weber tomorrow at 800-446-1071 and tell them you weren't expecting a porcelain enamel finish on a grill with a 10-year warranty to have chips and flakes. They'll more than likely send you a replacement part at no charge.

I can't figure out what happened, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't like that when I unpacked it. I'll give them a call, but the "part" would be the entire lower bowl.

ime, Weber"don't tolerate defective parts" and will air on the side of the customer. Their CS is why many of us keep coming back.

Paul

Originally posted by Paul G.:
ime, Weber"don't tolerate defective parts" and will air on the side of the customer. Their CS is why many of us keep coming back.

Paul

I just called, and they didn't ask any questions whatsoever. They simply said they they would ship a new bowl and that I should receive it within 10 days. I may have to pick up a SJS or SJG out of appreciation such service.

You have been "Weberized"
icon_smile.gif
- I'm at the point in my life where I can afford pretty much anything I want - which ain't so good, 'cause it takes a long time to get there ! - and for outdoor cooking, I still choose Weber.

Paul

Originally posted by Paul G.:
You have been "Weberized"
icon_smile.gif
- I'm at the point in my life where I can afford pretty much anything I want - which ain't so good, 'cause it takes a long time to get there ! - and for outdoor cooking, I still choose Weber.

Paul

I very much like my kettles. I will always have a couple.

I just called, and they didn't ask any questions whatsoever. They simply said they they would ship a new bowl and that I should receive it within 10 days.

Lee
I demonstrate for Weber in Australia of a Saturday to support my BBQ Habit. I can honestly say that the Weber Customers in Australia get the same or better CS all the time. I can confidently recommend the product because of quality and service to all potential purchasers when demonstrating, knowing that I have the arguably the best CS support in Australia bar none.
Like Paul G I am at a point in my life where I can afford anything I want (within reason), I don't need to demo for Weber but I love it that much I do it every year for the main BBQ buying season which is the 3 months leading up to Chistmas and for January.

Yes It is a good product that performs as advertised with good CS.

Regards

I called Weber on Monday. I went out of town for the week. I got back home today, and I have a box from Weber here that came in on Friday. That's pretty quick service.

Now, if Weber only made a side firebox smoker...

Back