Jacob's Meat Market BRATS

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hello everyone
icon_smile.gif

A couple of weeks ago I posted a Johnsonville Brat cook and bragged how good we have it in Wisconsin.
Little did I know that this road has been used soo often the ruts in it were made and covered over and over again.
Anyway, another member (Pete D.) from Appleton Wisconsin suggested I try the brats made at Jacob's Meat Market. So I did.
I have a terrific niece (Sarah) that lives nearby the Apple. Well, after Pete's suggestion, I asked Sarah and her cool husband Jeff if they could find time to stop by Jacob's and grab a bunch for me. Yesterday, they did and sent them to me via Sarah's hipster dad, Tim (my best bud
icon_biggrin.gif
). At first, I packaged them for the freezer... but then I felt the need to grill up just a few tonight
icon_biggrin.gif

As you can see, tossed in a coupla peppers for a little added flavour and colour.
However, these brats did not require anything else butt a roll on a plate and an appetite.
Pete D. from Appleton Wisconsin, thanks to you for the push to Jacob's and very special thanks to Sarah & Jeff!
I'm stuffed!
icon_razz.gif

Thank you for viewing!

Bodacious looking brats Bud!
Wonder if we can set up some sort of cross country brat relay for the rest of us??
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Bodacious looking brats Bud!
Wonder if we can set up some sort of cross country brat relay for the rest of us??
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Bob, Anything is possible!

I'm thinking Fed Ex man down emergency overnight shipping/ quad wrapped in hd foil would work for me!
icon_biggrin.gif

Looking good as usual!

Hey Jim - You thank us for viewing - Nooooo, thank you for sharing. Nice presentation and a great looking cook. Nice job. That will whet the appetite.
icon_wink.gif
Bob B

Thanks guys, Ron they were really good tasting brats, good thing I got 8 more in the freezer
icon_biggrin.gif

better than Johnsonville?? yeah, I'd say. As much as I love John's,... Jacob's tasted better.

Darn it Lampe. You posted this one day too late. I was in Appleton yesterday and didn't even think of Jacob's, but I did stop at Pits & Spits for rub, sauce and Wicked Good charcoal.

I did see some promising sausage makers on Hwy 10 driving back towards Two Rivers. Almost every podunk town in WI has a butcher or sausage maker that is locally famous. We need to start a list.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRPfeff:
I did see some promising sausage makers on Hwy 10 driving back towards Two Rivers. Almost every podunk town in WI has a butcher or sausage maker that is locally famous. We need to start a list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'd be a long list. Funny thing is, the mid-size towns and small cities seem to be the least likely to have a place selling "hometown brats"...at least that's been my experience.

I don't get around a whole lot but I need to start planning ahead for things like this. If I know I'm going to be going somewhere I should get into the habit of throwing a cooler and a few icepacks into the car.

Brad

Ooh. I think I need to be grillin' more brats.
icon_wink.gif
Actually, when it comes to sausage, I'm something of a weisswurst fan. Once again Jim: You're killin' me!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Jim- Do you not do any sort of beer bath for your brats...you're just straight on the grill, direct heat?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim L.:
Jim- Do you not do any sort of beer bath for your brats...you're just straight on the grill, direct heat? Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>0hmY Tim! You're diggin' deep!!
Jacob's Brats are AWESOME! My Very Favourite now... weird how i use to post using links for photos...
Anyway Tim... NO! I grill over well burnt coals and turn constantly.
ON Occasion, I will beer AND barbecue sauce bathe them when many are being cooked and eetin'
icon_biggrin.gif

doin' so, include some onions, peppers and even apple slices.
Brats Are BOSS!
<span class="ev_code_GREY">thanks for re-hashin' the hash</span>
icon_wink.gif

I haven't eaten a johnsonville brat since I discovered Usinger's brats. They're made in milwaukee, but available at a few grocery stores here in Rockford.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad Benski:
Jim,
The folks from Fond du Lac will not be happy with you!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> who are the folks in FdL?

Back