New York > Brooklyn: Fatty Que

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
Has anyone tried this place yet? Fatty Que seems non-traditional, using southeast Asian flavors and barbecue technique. Some interesting things on the menu. I'd love to try it, but don't get out to Brooklyn all that often.

I beleive the Fatty Que in Brooklyn has closed. There is one in Manhattan -- West Village I think -- that is supposed to be better than the original.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I beleive the Fatty Que in Brooklyn has closed. There is one in Manhattan -- West Village I think -- that is supposed to be better than the original. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Brooklyn location was closed due to health inspection issues, so I think they are renovating it and getting it up to code. This has been going on for at least a year, so I'm not sure what the status is. I know Zach Pelleccio has written a few editorials about how he "feels" about the nyc health board, so I'm sure this is more than a simple issue.

I have been to the West Village location and had an excellent meal. The WV location has a slightly different menu design to be a little lighter to better fit in with the neighborhood.

Of the dishes we tried, the bbq ones were probably the least impressive. The flavor of the heritage ribs was spectacular (and something I had no problem recreating at home) however they were no where near tender, and IMO the smoke flavor was too intense.

Back