Weber fireplace

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
I have the best in-laws. This past weekend got a Weber Fireplace for my birthday.

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

And of course had to fire it up Saturday night

IMAG0228.jpg

We have a neighborhood stray cat that loves to hang around when I am outside cooking. After my wife went in for the night he jumped up and enjoyed it too.

IMAG0229.jpg

Now to figure out what I can do with the fire pit and an extra 22” WSM middle section I have.

I would like one of those for my B-day but
icon_rolleyes.gif
mine is in June.
Curious that looks like tin-foil in the 3rd pick, whats that for?

Tim

maybe not the BEST, butt certainly GREAT In-laws, yes you do Josh!
WFP's are awesome year-round, and you'll soon find out why.

Two suggestions for you:
• make sure you have sand in the bottom about 2 inches over those bottom legs screws.
• when not in use, you may want to cover it (keeps the sand dry AND the handles from the weather.

I actually replaced the wood handles with plastic handles and do not cover my WFP. If you have a very hot fire, the wood handles WILL burn.
With the sand in the bottom, that'll help, with the heat shield, from scorching your grass (if you do not use a brick/paver base.)

from what i can see, your neighborhood stray cat looks very much like my 19 year old Niner many years ago. They ? the warmth!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks everyone.

Tim,

That was some cardboard I used to get the fire going. Looking back, it does look like foil.

Jim,

You are right, best inlaws would have put it together for me.

I am using it on a concrete patio, do you think the sand is still needed ? I had just planned to dump the ash out each time.

Luckily I also got a cover with it, so it will be covered when not in use.

I thought about the wood standing up to the high heat in the long term. I guess I could move the wood to my performers.

Back