Charcoal baskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom S.

TVWBB Fan
Anyone know where I can order a pair of the Weber
Charcoal baskets? I'd seen them quite frequently on Amazon this summer/fall but can find them anywhere now.

You can purchase them from Weber CS. They have several models with different capacities, but if you are using a 22.5 grill I would ask for the ones from a Performer. The ones I have seen in HD were smaller and more suited for an 18.5 grill.

if yer talkin about the stamped steel ones there is only one size. any store that sells bbq/weber stuff should have them. otherwise there is weber cs.

Yes Gary...looking for the 22.5 grill. HD and Lowes don't stock these around here this time of year. Will continue to look elsewhere.
thx.

The ones that come with the Performer are bigger than what you see in HD or Lowes. Weber CS will help you get what you need.

bigger ? interesting. they make a bigger one only for the performer but a smaller one for everything else including retail ? really almost makes no sense. why all the process for a small amount of grills ? i feel cheated !

i went to orchard supply and measured the basket in the performer there and its the same size as the one sold in the box. maybe the old one was bigger but not the new ones.

The performer used to come with higher end charcoal baskets. They were wire instead of pressed metal. But now they just use the pressed metal for all their grills.

Bill

someone had a set of the wire ones on ebay. not there now. wanted 12.50 ea plus shipping. i'll give a heads up if i see it again.

there was a post about using the kettle for low slo cooks using firebricks. now i use bricks for indirect and it works great. you can get half thickness firebricks for under $3. i have 4. might need a couple more after i get the 26"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back