California > San Jose: Blue Rock BBQ (CLOSED)

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: Closed December 15, 2022

Voted best barbecue in the South Bay by readers of Metro magazine for a couple of years now.

I sampled the pulled pork sandwich, pork ribs, an Indonesian beef & pineapple kabob, fries, and mac & cheese. Really enjoyed the pork sandwich...very generous portion mixed with just a little sauce and served on a bun sturdy enough to stand up to all that pork. The kabob was pretty good. The ribs were way over done and dried out. Fries and mac were nothing special but fine.

Ambiance of the restaurant was quite nice. Not your typical kitschy BBQ joint, a bit more upscale, but still appropriate to barbecue. Very comfortable place to hang out and enjoy a meal.

Talked to a guy who I think was the owner. Didn't tell him who I was or what I was about. He was more than happy to tell me all about what they do, how they experiment with different items on the menu, even invited me back into the kitchen to check things out after my dinner.

A good neighborhood joint in the heart of suburban San Jose. Check it out.

www.bluerockbbq.com
3001 Meridian Ave.
San Jose, CA 95124

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Went to Blue Rock on Chris' recommendation here. A bit pricy, the Chicken was a bit dry but the pulled pork was pretty good. Overall not bad but I'm a bigger fan of Traildust (even though it's a bit farther south)

Back