Ever put a metal Kitchenaid attachment in the dishwasher?

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
DON'T. With the exception of the wisk.

I wasn't thinking and threw the paddle attachment in there. Went to grab it and my hand turned gray. Did a little research and the caustic DW detergent messes the aluminium up very bad.

Been there. Learned the hard way, just like you. Seems like anything made of aluminum or pot metal will react in a similar way. Note also that the base of the whisk attachment (where it attaches to the mixer) is made of the same metal--I recommend you hand wash this one as well.

I bought a KitchenAid Professional 600 last fall. It was clearly noted that you should not wash those metal parts in the dishwasher. Now I understand why.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Chris,

So my aunt has the same model as I, I call her and ask her about this and she says.... Well it said it on the box and manual.
icon_smile.gif

The Calphalon Commercial Hard Anodized Aluminum pieces I have also have the same caveat against cleaning in a dishwasher using automatic dishwasher detergent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
I bought a KitchenAid Professional 600 last fall. It was clearly noted that you should not wash those metal parts in the dishwasher. Now I understand why.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,
There you go reading the directions again.......

Back